This recipe is easy, healthy and delicious. It’s the perfect way to use up vegetables in your fridge and it is gluten free* and dairy free.
It has no added fat and can all be made in the one dish.
Perfect for these autumn evenings.
Did you know you can print this recipe by pressing “print” just below the main picture.
2 small onions
1 large red capsicum
3 large potatoes
6 chicken thighs
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 bulb of garlic
2 cups of chicken stock
4 tbs sun dried tomato pesto
Salt and pepper
Italian flat leaf parsley
Cooking time 2 hours. Prep time 15 minutes. Serves 4.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
1) Chop carrots into sticks and scatter in large lasagne dish.
2) Peel onions and cut into 6 wedges each, separate roughly and add to lasagne dish.
3) Add capsicum cut into sticks.
4) Peel potatoes and chop roughly into approximately 5 – 6 pieces per potato and place in dish.
5) Add 1 cup of liquid stock. (this can be stock you have made or purchased or it can be boiling water with 1 chicken stock cube)
6) Cook in oven for 1 hour uncovered, stirring at the 30 minute mark.
7) After 1 hour add raw chicken thighs, chopped into 3-4 pieces each.
8) Wash the punnet of cherry tomatoes and add them in whole.
9) Add the garlic bulb, separated into cloves and peeled.
10) Spoon pesto over ingredients and mix till coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11) Mix the juice of 1 lemon with the second cup of stock and pour over ingredients in dish.
12) Return to the oven for one more hour.
13) Serve scattered with plenty of chopped Italian parsley.
*Please check the pesto you are using to ensure it is gluten free as this can vary.